Achieve Your Pharmacy Goals with BestRx: Time Saving Workflows
Posted on Dec 12, 2022
Over the last few years, pharmacies are taking a more active role in patient care. Now, not only are they trying to keep up with incoming prescription requests, but they’re also:
- Administering vaccines.
- Collaborating with other care team members.
- Counseling patients on their medications.
- Delivering orders.
- Monitoring compliance.
- Providing point-of-care testing.
As a result, many independent pharmacies are finding it increasingly difficult to balance their growing to-do list with rising labor costs and staffing shortages. That’s why BestRx continues to expand its software capabilities, to help pharmacies save valuable time with efficient workflows. This way, they can accomplish more – even when they’re short staffed.
Here are three ways BestRx helps you achieve your pharmacy goals with time saving workflows:
1. Automate Your Verification Process
Whether you’re down a staff member or you just want to cross an item off your to-do list, put your BestRx software to work. AutoProcess + NightTech can be enabled to work behind the scenes, moving refill requests through the fulfillment process – even after you’ve gone home for the day. In fact, this time-saving duo provides around-the-clock support by automatically:
- Verifying designated prescription queues.
- Submitting claims to payors.
- Printing prescription labels.
This way, you can process multiple scripts at once through the day and can begin filling scripts the moment you walk in the next morning. Let BestRx work overtime – so you don’t have to.
2. Communicate with Customers Electronically
Reducing the amount of time your staff spends on the phone can have a significant impact on your overall productivity. The BestRx Messaging Interface allows you to streamline your communication, using customizable email or text messages. These messages can be scheduled to go out automatically after certain actions are performed or can be sent manually when needed. The interface includes a variety of message types, including:
- General pharmacy information, including store hours, available vaccines, and sales promotions.
- Patient-specific prescription alerts, including refill and pickup reminders or shipping notifications.
- Patient engagement messages, including review requests, welcome and birthday greetings.
Plus, you can use the refill reminder and patient listing reports to easily identify which patients you need to follow up with and send a message right from those reports. The Messaging Interface benefits you and your patients by keeping them informed and checking another item off your to-do list.
3. Prioritize Incoming Requests
With prescription requests coming in electronically, by phone, online and in person, sometimes a script gets lost in the shuffle. Using the Promise Time feature in BestRx, pharmacies can ensure scripts are ready when the customer arrives to pick them up. Promise Time makes it easy to manage and prioritize incoming prescription requests by:
- Indicating the date/time a prescription is needed.
- Flagging scripts for patients who are waiting at the pharmacy.
- Color-coding prescriptions by priority level, so it’s easier to identify which need to be filled first.
Plus, Promise Time information can be easily applied to multiple scripts for the same patient automatically. This way, all pending scripts will be ready for pickup at the same time. Not only does this help you work more efficiently, but it prevents patients from making multiple trips as well.
These are just a few of the ways BestRx can streamline your pharmacy in the year ahead. To learn more about all of our time-saving workflows, request a free demo!