3 Ways to Achieve Better Work-Life Balance for Pharmacies
Posted on Aug 28, 2023
Over the last few years, pharmacies have worked tirelessly to ensure patients have access to the medications, vaccines, and other services they need to stay well. In fact, the demand has been so overwhelming, many health care-related fields have experienced unprecedented staff turnover and burnout. As a result, staff shortages are a huge concern for many independent pharmacies as they prepare to face the notoriously busy cold and flu season. Trying to juggle a larger workload is not only difficult from an operational standpoint, but maintaining your own physical and mental wellbeing can be challenging as well. Fortunately, there may be tools and systems already in your pharmacy that can help. For example, here are three ways to use your BestRx software to achieve better work-life balance:
1. To Get Organized.
Decluttering your workspace provides many benefits, especially when you’re busy. In fact, eliminating paper piles and other distractions from your pharmacy counter can:
- Help you focus.
- Increase your productivity.
- Reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
Plus, your pharmacy will look and feel more aesthetically pleasing to you – and your patients. BestRx makes it easy to get organized, by eliminating several manual, paper-producing steps throughout the day. This includes everything from the way you receive prescriptions and faxes, to how you submit claims, prior authorizations and reconcile your inventory and payer reimbursements. By completing these processes electronically, all the information you need will be right at your fingertips and your pharmacy counter can remain paper-free.
2. To Complete Certain Tasks for You.
BestRx also has several features you can use to remove certain tasks from your to-do list altogether. This includes:
- AutoProcessing + Night Tech: Which work behind the scenes to move your refill requests through the fulfillment process automatically, including after hours. In fact, when enabled, NightTech verifies designated prescription queues, submits claims to payers and prints prescription labels overnight. That way you can start filling scripts as soon as you arrive the next morning.
- Scheduled Reports: Which enables you to have various reports generated and delivered to your inbox automatically at a frequency of your choosing. That way, no matter how busy you get, it’s easy to keep tabs on how your pharmacy is performing.
- Automatic backups: Which syncs your pharmacy data to a secure, remote server each day. That way, you can protect one of your pharmacy’s most important assets, without having to waste time performing your backups manually.
- Electronic Patient Alerts: Which keep patients updated on the status of their prescriptions, without requiring them to contact your pharmacy. In fact, our Messaging Interface offers 10 different types of patient alerts, from refill and pickup reminders to shipping notifications and review requests. Best of all, you can enable the alerts to be sent automatically after certain actions are performed in the system.
Using the automated features in BestRx allows you to focus on more important tasks, whether you’re understaffed or not!
3. To Gain Remote Access to Your Store(s).
Sometimes, it would be helpful to be able to access your system, without having to physically be in the pharmacy. This is especially true if you own multiple stores. That’s why BestRx offers multiple ways to your software remotely. With our cloud-based solutions, you can:
- Utilize a cloud-hosted version of BestRx, versus our standard, locally installed option. This way, you can access your BestRx system from anywhere using a Windows-based, Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Verify scripts and transfer prescription and patient information between your stores. (In states that allow telepharmacy/remote verification.)
- View reporting for one or multiple locations using a convenient online portal.
While we can’t eliminate all the stress associated with owning and operating an independent pharmacy, BestRx can help you manage your workload more efficiently. That way, you can truly unwind at the end of the day. Request a demo to learn more about how BestRx can help you achieve better work-life balance.