5 Ways to Improve Medication Affordability & Adherence with Real-Time Prescription Benefit Check
Posted on Feb 23, 2022
Medication affordability is a big factor in treatment adherence. In fact, cost concerns can result in patients leaving without their prescriptions. This avoidable delay in treatment can impact a patient’s health. Plus, test claims, prior authorizations, switch and restocking fees are time-consuming and costly for your pharmacy. To help pharmacies improve medication affordability and adherence, BestRx and Surescripts partnered to offer Real-Time Prescription Benefit Check.
Real-Time Prescription Benefit Check* integrates with the pharmacy’s BestRx pharmacy software, so pharmacies can:
- Receive automatic coverage alerts during the normal fulfillment process.
- Check real-time, patient-specific prescription benefits and out-of-pocket cost without needing to submit a test claim.
- Provide (up to five) patient-specific, payor-approved alternative medications, including day supply options.
Alternative options are also optimized for affordability and coverage restrictions, which includes prior authorization requirements. Real-Time Prescription Benefit Check further improves medication affordability and adherence by:
- Providing a better patient experience and more cost-effective options for patients.
- Improving medication adherence and patient health outcomes.
- Reducing the number of test claims submitted and switch fees incurred (for participating payors).
- Enabling pharmacies to easily change the selected drug, using one-click reversals & the rebill option for previously submitted claims.
- Expediting fulfillment with the ability to submit electronic prior authorization requests (when needed) through RxChange.
Real-Time Prescription Benefit Check can be added to your BestRx pharmacy management software, streamlining your verification process for a monthly fee. The monthly fee is only charged if the feature is used during that month, and you can cancel the service at any time.
Contact BestRx Customer Support for additional feature and pricing details.
*Real-Time Prescription Benefits can be used for patients that are part of participating major prescription benefit plans. Since the program launched, Surescripts continues to add payors, expanding its coverage.