3 Ways BestRx Has Responded to COVID-19
Posted on Dec 28, 2021
BestRx strives to evolve to meet the needs of our independent pharmacy customers, which is why we added new software features to address COVID-19 challenges. These enhancements allow pharmacies to quickly adapt to the changing needs of their communities and safely provide care. Here are three important software features BestRx has added in response to COVID-19:
1. An Integrated COVID-19 Scheduling & Vaccine Registration Tool
The user-friendly tool is designed to improve vaccine workflows and give pharmacies the ability to:
- Schedule vaccine appointments online via our integration with MakePlans. Then, the appointment automatically syncs to their BestRx calendar.
- Schedule, reschedule or cancel vaccine appointments directly from their BestRx Software.
- Send automatic confirmation emails whenever a vaccine appointment is scheduled or cancelled (online or within the BestRx system). Appointment confirmation emails also include a QR code the pharmacy can scan to quickly populate the appointment information and registration details into BestRx.
- Automatically store a patient’s COVID registration information as a document in their BestRx patient record.
- Obtain an electronic patient signature directly from the registration portal.
- Easily print and/or export data from the COVID registration and appointment queues.
- Send automated text and email reminders for vaccine appointments.
2. Online Payment Capabilities through BestPOS
With social distancing and other precautionary measures in place, many pharmacies offer delivery and/or express pickup. To streamline the delivery process, we’ve added an online payment option to our point-of-sale software, BestPOS. This allows pharmacies to obtain contactless payments for prescription and OTC products.
Online payments are quick and easy. After entering a transaction, the pharmacy sends the patients a text or email message containing a link to a secure payment page. Once the method of payment is entered, the payment is processed in real-time, and the information is automatically synced back to their BestPOS system.
Plus, with our two-way messaging and our e-signature capture features, patients can also:
- Enter payment information
- Request a pickup or delivery
- Sign for prescriptions
All from the safety and comfort of their home.
3. TeleHealth Capabilities
BestRx also added TeleHealth functionality to our software through an integration with Doxy. Now, pharmacies can offer patients free, HIPAA compliant teleconferencing services. This enables pharmacies to consult with their patients, safely and efficiently, no matter where they are.
Getting started is simple. It only takes a few minutes to enroll with Doxy and update the BestRx software. Once the setup is complete, pharmacies are ready to begin communicating virtually with their patients.
BestRx continues to monitor the needs of independent pharmacies and identify new software enhancements that can help them to safely provide care. Learn what BestRx Pharmacy Management Software can do for your pharmacy by requesting a free demo today.